Sunday, July 5, 2009

Polaroid vs. Poladroid



Several months ago I was introduced to a program on Macs that could turn any photo into a "Polaroid" style. I was reluctant because obviously I opt for the original way of doing things and don't usually have an attraction towards change. But today I decided to play around with it and see what the program could do. I have mixed feelings at this point, though I do see the appeal. Some of you may have heard of it by now, the program is called Poladroid and is now compatible with PCs in addition to the Mac.

There are options in the processing, it can even make the photos look aged with scratches and fingerprints. Play around with it and let me know what you think. Here's the link to investigate further.
http://www.poladroid.net/

Above are two photos. One is a photo that I "converted" with the Poladroid program. Another is a normal Polaroid from my Polaroid camera. Can you tell the difference?

No comments: