Saturday, September 11, 2010

30 to Grow On


It has happened! The once dreaded year is here... at long last, I have turned 30. How surreal it is to announce that I am no longer in my 20's!

I am so thankful to have grown up in a loving environment with a supportive family and awesome friends. Though life has certainly presented its trials and tribulations, I am proud of what I have achieved thus far. Last month I turned 30 and oh what a unique time in my life it is, I am a grown up!

My twin sister and I were delightfully welcomed into our 30's with a big day and night full of surprises! Friends and loved ones from all over the southeast came to surprise us during such a monumental birthday. It was too much and my heart was, and still is, overflowing with love. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who were involved in our special day!

I would like to take a moment to also thank my mom and my dad. Thank you for life and for instilling in me a sense of integrity and teaching me how to become a useful and productive part of society. And thanks also to my Aunts and Uncles who have loved my sisters and me like we were their own. Losing two parents when you are essentially still children is something that most people will not have to experience. I have been so blessed with a support system that is unconditional. My heart loves and my life is fruitful because of all of you.

*Medium Format Photo by Montgomery's Rus Baxley, circa 1985(ish)

No comments: