Thursday, January 20, 2011

Georgia for the weekend..

Steven and I recently spent a weekend in Atlanta for his Christmas gift! We took the dogs along for the ride and stayed in the city for two nights.

Our first order of business was to explore the Salvador Dali exhibit at the High Museum of Art. We caught the show during its last weekend in Atlanta, so there was quite a crowd. It was a lovely (and huge) exhibit, I learned a great deal that I did not already know from my many art history courses.
For dinner we met with Steven's aunt and uncle at one of their favorite local restaurants that specializes in South African cuisine, 10 Degrees South. We had a nice time and stuck around for a few cocktails to hear the live music on the (heated and stylish) porch.

The next day we spend many hours at the Georgia Aquarium. The photos below were taken during our time there- we were exhausted by the end of the afternoon!


For dinner, we were again adventurous and decided to try out the one and only Holeman & Finch Public House. My sister and her husband joined us for dinner and drinks since they were in town to pick up my nephew from the airport.

Taking the time to enjoy what a city has to offer is priceless. Cheers to small and locally owned businesses! I cannot rave enough of our food explorations during our trip to Atlanta.. try them for yourselves, you will thank me later!

No comments: