Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Belated 2011!

A tad overdue, but I wish to the world wide web a Happy 2011!

I have so much on my mind these days. Between planning a wedding, looking for a teaching job (out of state), and looking for a house (also out of state).. I confess that I have hardly had time to write. Let me remedy this and break the silence.

A big WAR EAGLE is in order, since the Auburn Tigers won the BCS National Championship!

The bowl game itself was held in Glendale, Arizona. The forecast over there was very different than what the fans back home were experiencing. Almost the entire state of Alabama, as well as the rest of the southeast, was attacked with snow and ice during the first weeks of January.

Many roads were shut down due to the weather and I was unable to go to Auburn to watch the game "on the plains" as planned. My power managed to not get cut off though, so I watched the game as I was snowed/iced in. What a game! You may or may not know me well enough to know that I cried like a baby during the last 2 minutes of play and into the celebration afterward. I am a Tiger fan born and raised, this was the first National Championship for Auburn in my lifetime... and actually the first since 1957! Words cannot begin to express my pride in Auburn and in the SEC as well.

No comments: